torsdag den 16. september 2010

HURRAH!


Kids, I’ll tell you about what’s going on. The thing is, I’ve been busy. Yes, the album is now done, and it is time to reminisce and reflect on the last days in the mixing-suite that is the ash-tray, our rehearsal space. Mid-august we finished the final recordings and started the mixing phase around that time. As I’ve said before Kenneth worked his ass off and towards the end of things, we spent 20 hours per day mixing. And all of a sudden I found myself zombie-walking to ET Mastering at Feedback in Aarhus with a knapsack of cigarettes and bread. It was a truly strange sensation to walk across town during the morning rush-hour, not having slept, knowing that we were going to finalize three years of work. Not the best state to be in, I know, but luckily our mastering guy Emil was sharp and ready to go. He cleaned the mixes up a bit and started mastering his butt off. It took three days in total... I think that is longest master-session in world history. Thanks to Emil for patience! The method was the so-called stem-mastering, where you take each group of instruments and lock into single files, like, all the guitars in one file, all the vocals in another and so on and so forth. This allows for last minute level corrections but more importantly it is easier to work on different areas of the sound-scape rather than to just have one file to work on, which often just squashes songs. What the hell do I know? Honestly, and hands down… It is nuclear science and physics what sound-guys do. I’m not sure I’ll ever understand what they do… I’m just in awe. I’d really like to learn one day. I’ve learnt a lot sitting besides both Kenneth and Emil so… Now my demos won’t be as shitty anymore, hehe.


Right, let’s talk facts.The album is called ‘Tectonics’. The front cover looks like this:



And it will be released October 25th on sensational Crunchy Frog Records.
The second single is out now: Listen to it here.

And here’s the final tracklist:
1. Agitator
2. Boss Stallion
3. Spasm
4. Pop Music
5. Million Dollar Boy
6. We, the Drowned
7. Specimen
8. It’s All About Love
9. Oh, the Irony
10. Fault Lines
11. The Human Condition

Personal favorites are The Human Condition, Boss Stallion, Spasm, Fault Lines… oh, hell. The entire damn thing! I’m so effing proud of this album. It’s the best music I have ever done, and it even sounds good! Holy shit! I can’t wait for people to hear it, but please, if or when you hear it, give it some time, and listen to it on proper equipment. We haven’t spent ages fine tuning this crap for you to listen to it on your god damn computer-speakers, while being on the phone, aight?! Alright, then. A little concentration is all I ask. Final remarks! The album cover will include a lyric sheet. Info on release-parties coming up. Rehearsals are going… well… alright, but I’m sure it’ll be awesome. Going to Copenhagen tomorrow for a couple of interviews and some recreational time with Q and Clauern and my friend Filip. No plans for a vinyl release of the album as of yet. Aaaaaaaand, I think this is it for now!

1 kommentar: